Sunday, December 16, 2012

My First post (bear with me) - Recent thrift store purchases

Recently bought some sports related stuff from what my aunt calls the VV Boutique (Value Village).  Not by far the cheapest thrift store, but it probably has the most selection locally.

First item is a Thunder Bay Tropics shirt.  Probably from some local Slo-pitch team I am guessing.   Most likely modeled after the Flint Tropics baseball team from the movie Semi-Pro; maybe influenced from the late senior league baseball team West Palm Beach Tropics.

Here's the back screen printed with various sponsors





My other purchase was a book I had been meaning to get for a while.  The book was in great condition and the price was right.  Marc Okkonen's Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century.  You can find many of the majority of the images in the book here: http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/credits.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment